What is Homoeopathy?
Homoeopathy is a system of natural medicine developed by Samuel Hahnemann, a German physician in the early 1800s. He discovered that the same substance that could cause a reaction in a healthy person could also be a remedy for someone suffering from similar symptoms.
Homoeopathy is a natural, holistic, approach to healing a person, using minute doses of specific remedies, rather than simply eliminating a particular symptom using a Band-Aid approach. Unlike many health models, the model for homoeopathy is one of individualization. No two people are alike, so just because two people suffer from headaches, the homoeopathic remedies provided for them may be completely different.
Benefits of Homoeopathy
There are many benefits of homoeopathic medicine, including:
1. It can be used by pregnant and nursing women;
2. It can be used by children and infants;
3. It does not interfere with medications taken by a person;
4. If an incorrect remedy is selected, it is completely safe and will not harm the person at all;
5. Other than occasional, mild, and short-lived symptom aggravations which pass quickly and tend to be followed by improvements in the symptoms of a person, there are no side-effects of homoeopathic remedies. This symptom aggravation is actually regarded by homoeopaths as a sign that the correct homoeopathic remedy has been selected and usually results in symptom improvements;
6. It can be used for chronic or acute conditions;
7. It is an individualized system of medicine which treats the person, not merely the symptoms. The symptoms, however, are addressed when using this approach and are typically improved;
8. Homoeopathy is a holistic approach to healing: one that involves the body, mind, emotions, and spirit of the person being treated;
9. Homoeopathic remedies are readily available and can, therefore, be used by anyone;
10. Homoeopathic remedies are typically inexpensive and therefore provide an affordable approach to healing;
11. Homoeopathic remedies can be stored for long periods of time;
12. Homoeopathic medicine is non-invasive; and
13. Effectiveness of homoeopathy, when used correctly, have been recorded and proved through various studies.
1. Prior appointment is required for consultations.
2. First session is a detailed case taking process which required at least an hour.
3. Follow-ups are of 10 min durations.